Name:

Yuzhi Liu

Major:

Data Science and Mathematics

What courses do you tutor?

I mainly tutor DS2000 Programming with Data, I also tutor calculus and Chinese.

How long have you been tutoring?

I started tutoring right after I graduated from high school, it has been nearly 3 years since. I began my journey as a Northeastern Peer Tutor two months ago.

What is your CRLA Tutor Certification Level (if CRLA certified)?

Currently working hard to get the CRLA L1 Tutor Certification right now.

How have you represented Northeastern Peer Tutoring on Knack?

I have tutored 23 students and over 60 hours in February. For all the tutees, the first step is always the most difficult one. So, I usually give my tutees some examples that are easy to understand at first, once they have mastered these, I’ll let them to lead the session and try to teach themselves, with me just as an assistant.

How your experience as a Northeastern Peer Tutor has impacted you?

During these few months as a peer tutor, I have realized that there is no limit to learning and I still have a lot of room to improve myself.

Students Testimonials:
  • He was very patient and knowledgeable and walked me through the concepts step by step.
  • Yuzhi helped a lot with breaking down the code for me to follow along, he is humorous and makes the work light enough to understand.
  • Yuzhi did a great job, he made the session very welcoming, engaging, and helpful.
  • Yuzhi is awesome! Explains the basics very well and does a good job building up to more complex topics.