Name: Kalan Nguyen 

Major: Computer Science concentrating in AI 

What courses do you tutor? Usually, CS3500 (Object-Oriented Design), DS4400 (Machine Learning & Data Mining 1), CS2500 (Fundamentals of CS 1) 

How long have you been tutoring? About a year 

What is your CRLA Tutor Certification Level (if CRLA certified)? Not CRLA certified yet

How have you represented Northeastern Peer Tutoring on Knack? I’ve been helping students by accommodating their needs such as outlining topics/goals and providing guidance on how to study for the content. Some tutees prefer to learn visually while others prefer explanations, so I tend give examples that are easy to understand. I believe education is most practical when it’s conveyed in a way that’s easy to understand.

How your experience as a Northeastern Peer Tutor has impacted you? What started off as brushing up on old content turned into learning how to better speak to people and communicate concepts. I am glad I was able to help at least one person do better in classes opposed to having zero.

Students Testimonials:

“The tutor was really thorough in explaining concepts in simpler terms and was able to come up with general examples to help me understand better.”

“The tutor was very thorough and organized. He explained the concepts really well and walked me through examples.”

“Explained the concepts really well and gave helpful advice.”

“Fire session”