Name: Parry Harper

Major: Mechanical Engineering

What courses do you tutor?

I can tutor in every class that I have taken so far, which includes most general engineering classes and many introductory mechanical engineering courses. Most of my tutoring has been in Physics I and General Chemistry.

How long have you been tutoring?

I have been tutoring since my junior year of high school; I have been tutoring for Northeastern since the beginning of my second year.

What is your CRLA Tutor Certification Level (if CRLA certified)?

I recently earned CRLA Level 1 Tutor certification.

How have you represented Northeastern Peer Tutoring on Knack?

I have tutored 19 students for over 110 hours throughout my time as a Northeastern Peer Tutor. My most valuable contribution as a tutor is certainly the review sessions that I led for Physics 1 before the midterm and final exams, which many students greatly appreciated.

How has your experience as a Northeastern Peer Tutor impacted you?

As a Northeastern Peer Tutor I have certainly gained confidence in my abilities as an educator and as an engineer. Tutoring has also helped me in my current classes, keeping the content from my fundamental classes fresh in my mind. More than anything, however, tutoring has brought me the enjoyment of seeing my students learn and grow. I love watching my students have those ‘aha’ moments, and I love it when my students reach out after a successful exam or successful class. It’s very fulfilling, and I certainly feel that my students value my skills as a tutor.

Students Testimonials:
  • “Parry was great! He asked questions along the way to make sure that I was understanding the material and learning rather than just doing the problems. Would recommend!”
  • “Parry is truly a gem, if you are ever looking for someone to explain concepts to you in a meaningful and understandable way Parry is perfect. I always recommend him to my friends for pretty much any topic!!”
  • “Parry is an excellent tutor, his explanations of complex physics (dynamics, kinematics) problems helped me a lot. You can tell he genuinely cares about the learning of his students and is willing to break down problems as much as needed.”